Thursday, October 1, 2009

What about me?

Im laying down trying to squeeze five more minutes in to sleep before work, i hear his cell ring on the night stand. I'm thinking, "Should I look while hes in the bathroom?" "I know its her so why even bother?"
So i yell to him, "hey your phone, you want me to get it?" knowing he doesnt like me lookin in his phone. He walks in and replies with a smerk, "Woman stop playin!" He picks it up and calls back the number. I get up and get ready for work. Im in the bathroom washing my face but i can hear his conversation.
"Hey baby, yeah I made it safe to the hotel. I'm getting ready to go to the office in a few. I'll call to you later. I love you too."

I dont think anything of it because I'm used to it by now, i mean we have been dating 5 years now. Plus hes getting a divorce because the kids are almost out of school. Its almost like a routine. As I'm getting dressed he comes up to me from behind to hug me.

"Baby stop I'm trying to get dressed. I'm gonna be late if I dont leave in ten minutes, seriously." Knowing that I love being in his arms. It makes me feel so secure and his cologne doesnt help.
He replies with a smart comment, "I can help you get back undressed in two minutes."
I tell him, "I'll pass, Ive had a enough for one night my friend." I laugh and grab my purse while trying to put on my other heel. As i walk out the door he says, "knock em' dead babe, I love you." I simply reply, "You know it, I love you more."

The door shuts behind me and as i always do, i wonder if he's going to call her back. I get to work just before my supervisor, good thing because I'm trying to become junior partner at my law firm. Its Tuesday and i hate Tuesdays. I have to make sure all the clients paper work is done and filed correctly for their court dates. I have to call them to make sure they show up. I Shouldn't have to make sure they come, they are adults. But then again, they pay me.

Its been a long day, so i took a break to call Him to see if were still on for lunch. He didnt answer so i left a message. I wonder what hes doing because hes off today. I start back to work for a while. Two hours passed and he still hasnt called, I can feel the uneasiness in my stomach. I dont know if its because its Tuesday or its nausea. I try texting him, "Hey are you still meeting me at Bob's for lunch?" He replies, "No babe im sorry, something came up. Im so sorry baby ill make it up to you i promise. I have to fly home asap. I'll call you later."

Why am i not suprised? Man, i was so looking forward to lunch. We were going to make plans for our anniversary coming up. I guess i'll order chinese for take out and wait for 5 o'clock to strike to go home and watch "How to lose a guy in 10 days" for the 100th time this month.

Five O'clock finally came, I walk up my steps with the take out in my hand because i couldn't eat it earlier. That had to be the longest day ever. Its now ten and he still hasn't called. I call my girl friend, Shante to see what shes up to and tell her bout him skipping town. Shante doesnt like him at all and tells me i need to leave him, im wasting my time. I think its because of the age difference, Im only 26 and he's 43. I tell her, Im not wasting my time because hes gonna divorce his wife soon. She never wants to hear it, but we talk for a minute. Until i tell her, "Well girl i gotta go ill talk to you later. I dont feel good i need to get some sleep." She replies with the usual, "aight holla at cha girl!" She so ghetto but i love her.

The movie is over and its now 2 a.m. and still no call or text. I would but i know the rules, I cant call him if hes home. I try to lay down but my stomach is killing me. Motrin is normally the answer, so i pop three and go to sleep.
The next morning was worst than the night before. I call out of work, the season is changing and its cold up here in the north so maybe its the flu. The only good thing about the morning is he called. He said the one of the kids had an car accident but they're fine and he will try to fly back out in the next two days. I guess im content with that anwser but i let him go so i can go to the doctor.

The next few days were off and on. I tried to work but couldnt handle all the stress. and on top of that He hasnt called me in a 2 weeks. This has never happened and i dont know what to do. I know the rules but i just had to call. He picks up after the third ring with a mono tone voice like everything is cool.
"Why havent you called me? I thought you were flying back out?" "whats going on?"
He tells me, to hold on. I can hear her in the background. "what are you doing calling me. You know youre not spose to call me when im home. what do you want?"
In shock, I reply, "What do you mean what do i want? What's your problem?"
He ten tells me, "Im not leaving my wife, im sorry. I decided to just work things out." "Thats the only and nicest way i can tell you. I was gonna call you soon."
Im sure he could hear the anger in my voice as it trimbles, "what the hell? Soon when? Why all of a sudden and youre gonna just throw the past 5 years away?" "You promised when the kids were almost done with college you were gonna leave?"
The flatness of his voice makes it seems as of he doesnt care, and tell me "Im sorry, my family needs me."
I begin to breakdown cryin trying to tell him, "Im pregnant,I need you! What bout me? "

No comments:

Post a Comment